Did you ever try cold soups? If not give them a chance! They can taste really delicious and they are a great option in hot days! It took me some time to find the right taste balance in raw vegan, plant based soups. The harder it is to find the right taste without using salt. Those first attempts were really bad. I could not even finish one plate. But with practice I got better and better. I also met people with experiences, who helped me out. Like Marek Horvath from Bemba – Raw food restaurant or Erika from OJO. Thank you for your tips!
(for 2 portions or for example I eat it all by myself as a main course)
- 1 kg Cherry tomatoes or small cocktail tomatoes
- 3 handful cashew nuts
- 2 handful sunflower seeds
- 3 cups of water
- 1 carrot
- small piece of celery
- 2 celery stalk
- pinch black peppercorn
- Chop carrot, celery and celery stalk into small pieces
- Put 3 handful cashew nuts into your blender
- Add 1 cup water
- Blend only cashew and water till you get a cashew milk
- Then slice tomatoes into halves and put them into blender
- Add rest of the veggies into blender
- Add pinch black pepper and 2 cups of water
- Blend everything together
- When you slice all those tomatoes put some aside and add them as whole halves into your soup if you like.
- Sometimes I also add 2 handful sunflower seeds on top.
- In cold days you can even blend it till it gets a little bit warm.
Feel free to check out my other recipes
raw vegan tomato soup